Saturday, May 14, 2011

Loaded Oatmeal Cookies


I got this recipe from here . I really liked them and felt like they were a bit more healthy since they are filled with good things. Ok so I did add chocolate chips and butterscotch chips- but that balances things out to zero right?

My only thing about these cookies is that they were really dry. I read the comments on Elizatbeth's post and someone said the same thing so they added an extra egg. I did too. The results were still good but I'm wondering if they would have been better if I didn't do that? I had to cook them about 2 minutes longer (didn't use a silpat either, but I'd love to have one- they are on my amazon wish list!) If you try them let me know what you did about how dry they are. :)

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup rolled, old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter with sugars, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until well combined, scraping sides of bowl at least once. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add flour and stir in oats, flaxseed meal and wheat germ. Stir in butterscotch and chocolate chips.

Drop dough onto cookie sheets (I like using Silpats) and bake for 9 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment