Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blueberry Dutch Baby~


I go blueberry picking every year with some great friends. While I love the fun of the picking, I have to admit that my family doesn't yet have a blueberry LOVE. So we have lots frozen still. I do like making this however. We first made it with my friends two years ago and it's been a blueberry tradition ever since. The recipe came from Tasty Kitchen. I usually just grab a handful of blueberries (maybe a cup) and stick them in. The inside doesn't set up completely, but that's how it's supposed to be. It's great served with powdered sugar!

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup milk
2 whole eggs
2/3 cup flour
1 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt (omit if butter is salted)
1/2 cup blueberries
  • (omit If Butter Is Salted)½

Preparation Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a glass pyrex pie plate and put it in the oven. Allow the butter to melt. While the butter is melting, whisk together the milk, eggs, flour, sugar and salt. When the butter has melted, remove the pie plate from the oven. Pour in the batter and then sprinkle it with a healthy handful of berries. Place back into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.

The pancake will be very puffy and beautiful. It will collapse slightly as it cools, so if you want a photo, take one quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment